Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Looking Back On All Of This --Glisten



I have been listening to a lot of Christian music lately.  The music that is heard on most Christian music stations are pretty bland and stagnant to me. There isn't any life, any pain, any reality that living this life and being a Christian really is.

This life is hard. It is sorrowful and painful, joyful and sad.  This week has been a very hard week for me in many ways. It also has been a very good week in some respects as well.

Which brings me to this wonderful Christian group from Texas, Glisten. This album, Looking Back On All Of This reflects in many ways the Christian life. The struggles and the pain, the happiness of living for Christ and the hardships (of which we know little of in America) of suffering for His Sake.

This is a great album, honest and beautiful, the lyrics are real and deep.

The last song on the album brings to mind a loss this week for me for which I know that I will never understand.  I don't know why God allowed this time to pass and then to come to an end. I hope and pray that healing will happen in my life and those that only can know the pain I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcGtherqvGw

Hang On- By Glisten

Looking back on all of this
Under the Tree of Life, on the Streets of Gold
Maybe you'll be there, too.

Without time to press our lips
We could talk for a while
And smile at the time, its all around

If we could run for a little while
If we could run to the end
If we could hang on just a little while
We'll make it there

Hanging on by a thread
Hands numb from the pain, a short time remains
Til we're there
If we could run for a little while
If we could run to the end

If we could hang on just a little while
We'll make it there
We'll make it there.
My friend......


I hope you know this was written for you, my friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment